That’s not all folks.
“What the heck is intermittent fasting?”
“Why should I care about it?”
Welcome to the one of the most interesting and opinionated discussions in fitness today. Intermittent fasting, if you haven’t heard the term yet, is nothing more than WHEN to eat, and WHEN not to eat. O boy, what a difference it makes. If this immediately plucks your skeptic cord, PLEASE keep reading. You are no different than I was. You are the reason I started this blog . It is truly making even the most fitness and health oriented experts reevaluate what they understood as healthy.
The best introduction I’ve got is what IF is not:
- IF it is NOT a diet. There is no specification of what food you should eat.
- IF is NOT a new concept. Intermittent fasting has been in prevalence since humans have been in existence.
- IF is NOT a cash cow. No nutrition company, supplement warehouse, or health guru created this idea as a marketing ploy or scheme. Nor is there some “product” that can be justifiably marketed for IFers.
- IF is NOT just a way to lose fat. There is scientific evidence that increased longevity, lean muscle gain, natural self detoxification, higher injury resistance and other benefits can be expected.
I am a believer in the reality that many people do not know how bad they feel until they feel well. I mean feel well ALL of the time. This was my reality and the case for many new intermittent fasters. So, what does this have to do with intermittent fasting? Well glad you asked!
Since I have started intermittent fasting I have experienced the following changes:
- No more jittery, “going to pass out” feeling after not eating for 4 hours.
- No more groggy, lethargic work day accompanied by the ever popular endless procession of mid-day yawns.
- A 15 lbs weight loss in less than two months while not even really trying to!
- A ton more free time in the mornings due to no need for breakfast prep, and eating.
- An increase in strength and endurance, simultaneously.
IN SYNOPSIS, MY MIND IS UNMISTAKABLY CLEARER, MY POCKET BOOK IS FATTER, MY WAIST IS SHRINKING DAILY, AND MY VIGOR AND ATTITUDE TOWARD LIFE IN GENERAL IS AS POSITIVE AS POSITIVE GETS!
Think we could all benefit from those positive changes? I sure think so. That is why I tell everyone I know from age 16 to 85 about intermittent fasting and the influence it has had on my life and hence this blog. All of this from WHEN you eat??? I’m a cynic and a skeptic through and through but the proof is in the pudding. As long as that pudding is eaten after a good healthy fast!